Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Holy Qur'an is Our Teacher

Objective: To help students understand du'as for learning.

Directions: Read the title and instructions together. Ask volunteers to full in the missing words.

Word Bank: Useful Protector Easy Remind Increase

Du'a before Studying:
"Allaahumma infa'nii bimaa 'allamtanii wa'allimnii maa yanfa'unii."
O my Lord, make ____ (useful) for me what you hath thought me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

Du'a after Studying:
“Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel”
“Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and ___(protector) and the best of aid.”

Du'a while studying something difficult
“Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal.”
“Oh Allah! Nothing is ___(easy) except what you have made ___(easy). If you wish, you can make the difficult ___(easy).”

Du'a for Concentration:

“Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as’aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa’ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi dhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan.”
“Blessings of God be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O God, I ask you, the one who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, ___(remind) me of that which the shaytan makes me forget.”

Du'a for Knowledge:
"Rabbi Zid-Nee 'iL-Maa"
My Lord, ___(increase) me in Knowledge.

No comments: