Thursday, October 9, 2008

Religion is Sincerity

Objection: To help students think about the importance of obeying Allah SWT.

Directions: Discuss the following Qur'an hadith.

Abû Ruqayyah Tamîm b. `Aws al-Dârî relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Religion is Sincerity.”

We asked: “To whom, O Messenger of Allah?”

He said: “To Allah, His Book, His Messenger, and the leaders of the Muslims and to the common Muslim.” [Sahîh Muslim]

Put the hadith into "kid language," such as "It's not enough to say you love someone-you need to show your love in the things you do." Then let students complete the page. Discuss how Suzi did or didn't follow the hadith. Remind students that we show our love for Allah SWT by obeying Him.

Suzi 1: You're my friends. I want to share with you.

Suzi 2: If I'm nice to Layla, she'll let me ride her new bike.

Suzi 3: I love you, Mom. But I won't help with the laundry.

Suzi 4: I'm going to help my younger brother fix his broken toy.

Draw a circle around the sentences that indicate how Suzi followed the hadith.

(Hadith Source: http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cfm?cat_id=31&sub_cat_id=621)

No comments: