Thursday, October 9, 2008

Giving Thanks to Allah SWT

Objective: To help students identify good ways to respond when Allah SWT says yes to our du'as.

Directions: Read the du'a first. Then let students take turns reading the sentences and telling which boys and girls are being thankful. Discuss how our actions can show our thankfulness-even more than our words do. Have students circle the sentences that indicate thankfulness.

Du'a:
"Yaa rabbil lakal"hamdu kama yanbaghii lijalaali wajhika, wa'aziimi sultaanik.

"O my Lord, all praises be to You as it should be due to Your Might and the Greatness of Your Power.

(Source: http://www.duas.org/misc.htm)

Boy 1: I don't like having to wait for everyone to read a book.

Boy 2: I'm thankful for all the food you have given me, Allah SWT.

Girl 1: All praise to be Allah SWT for a beautiful day.

Girl 2: Why can't I have another slice of pizza?

Boy 3: It's fun to do things with friends.

No comments: